In simple terms, colostrum is a nutrient-rich fluid produced by female mammals immediately after giving birth, which is why it’s also referred to as “first milk”. The complex biological substance is loaded with antibodies and other macronutrients, all of which are crucial in the development of a newborn once it has left its mother's womb.
While colostrum is rich in macronutrients, vitamins, and minerals, its claimed health benefits are mostly linked to specific protein compounds, which include:
- Lactoferrin, which is a protein involved in the body’s immune response to infections, including those caused by bacteria and viruses.
- Growth factors are hormones that stimulate growth, and bovine colostrum is especially high in two protein-based hormones, insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2, or IGF-1 and IGF-2.
- Antibodies, which are proteins also known as immunoglobulins. It is used by your immune system to fight bacteria and viruses, and bovine colostrum is rich in the antibodies IgA, IgG, and IgM.
MIP Colostrum Powder is an undiluted form of bovine colostrum, and a product of New Zealand. With no hormones, antibiotics and chemicals used, MIP Colostrum Powder is also GMO free, and ethically sourced. While the cows in question are grass fed year round, the product is same day processed to ensure it retains the maximum amount of health benefits, while still ensuring that the calf’s needs are met first.
With high IgG content and regularly tested at 22 to 25%, MIP Colostrum supplements have all the natural building blocks engrained to deliver real results, with just a handful of the health benefits including -
- Boosts the body’s immune system
- Acts as a powerful inflammation moderator
- Aids to promote a health gut system, digestion and bowel
- Fights foreign invaders such as bacteria, viruses and parasites
- Improves tissue building and recovery process
- Provides assistance with nutrient uptake
- Helps to improve overall energy levels
- Reduces chronic aches and soothe painful joints
- Assists with disease prevention
Thanks to it’s high amount of antioxidants and growth factors such as insulin, colostrum powder is used as a method to promote muscle growth, and promote healing in joints and ligaments. It's also shown to reduce stress and damage to muscles after exercise.
In each bottle of MIP Colostrum Powder, is 80g of pure and undiluted colostrum. With no added wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives, it is also free of rBST and GMO additives (genetically modified organisms).
For directions on how to use and consume MIP Colostrum Powder, take one teaspoon daily for adults and children aged over five. In the event of environmental, physical or mental stress, double the dosage accordingly. Users may also wish to consume an additional teaspoon immediately after exercising or training to enhance recovery, but be sure to consult with your doctor if pregnant prior to consuming.
If you’re looking to add colostrum to the diet of your animal or pet, issue the following amounts to your discretion. Double the dosage in the event of sickness or illness, or when recovering.
Small dogs and cats - one teaspoon daily
Medium to large dogs - one teaspoon twice daily (morning and night)
Horses - two teaspoons twice daily (morning and night)
Store your MIP Colostrum Powder in a cool, dry place below 30 degrees celsius. Keep in mind that while everybody’s metabolism and absorption rate varies, taking MIP Colostrum Powder regularly over a consistent period of time will yield the best results.